I am totally fed up with this house. It’s been nothing but hassles since we moved in in January. Our lease is up in early july, so we’ll be moving. The problems so far:
– Still no heating (‘should’ be fixed tmw though)
– There are no keylocks on external doors, corner block, so we park in the driveway and have to walk all the way around the house to get to the front door to get in. There’s an external door next to the garage, but no key lock in it!
– No privacy. The blinds here are see-through! We can see out during the day, and people can kind of see in, but at night when we have the lights on people outside can see EVERYTHING inside the house! The bedroom blinds are thicker and ok, but the living areas are public….
– No door on the ensuite. There’s a door on the walk in robe, but not the ensuite. nuff said…
– Teeny backyard that was supposed to be landscaped, however no-one mentioned that landscaped meant a load of gravel being spread around and three trees that died from a lack of water.
– Little fold out clothesline that holds one load of washing and then it’s full.
– No side fences, so the back yard is easily accessable from the street. We’ve got guinea pigs out the back and we’ve had dogs and even a FOX come in! Luckily it wasn’t interested in the piggies!
Now, we were prepared to live with all this because it’s not permanent and we really didn’t want to pack up and move again so soon, but the kicker, the absolute last straw, came yesterday. I had a visit from a Parking Officer, who told me that someone in the street down from us had reported people parking their cars so they were blocking the footpath, therefore I couldn’t park my car on OUR OWN DRIVEWAY as it was blocking the footpath! Oh, and by the way, it’s against the law to park on the nature strip too. Today was a verbal warning, listed on their computer, but next time it will be a $64 fine and because there was a complaint they’ll be patrolling the area for the next 3-4 months, and they patrol anywhere between 7.00am and 5.30pm including weekends!
So where the heck are we going to park two cars and a bike? Currently the bike and a heap of boxes, gym equipment, Eddie’s tools and woodworking gear is in the garage. We aren’t allowed to park on the gardens because it breaks our lease, the road is too narrow as it is, so we can’t park on the road. I rang Eddie in tears and nearly had hysterics over the phone. He’s said no previously when I asked if he was interested in moving, but this time he said to go and find a house!
We have nine weeks left on our lease so I’ll be looking around for a house in June. Oh, that’s right, Eddie is away in QLD for all of june too!